About Me

Cut away of centrifugal compressor
Personal Compressor Model Project
Hi, welcome to my portfolio! I designed it to showcase some of my various mechanical engineering project experiences. I divided this portfolio into three main categories: Personal Engineering Experience (Samsung/School), Personal Design Projects, and Engineering Design Information

I offer Free CAD models of some of my Solidworks projects, various knowledge of common turbomachinery components, and even CSWA and CSWP tips (SolidWorks Certification Tests) . If you need a quick reference for CATIA Shortcuts and how to deal with common CATIA errors, then check out my CATIA Tips and Shortcuts page.

I have experience in the Turbomachinery industry and particularly with Turbo Expanders and Centrifugal Compressors. Thank you for taking a look at what I've created.

Work Experience


I am a mechanical engineer (BSME ‘12) with six years of turbo machinery experience. I worked with Samsung Techwin, where I had the privilege of working as a design engineer. At Samsung, I helped to design integrally geared centrifugal compressors for air separation and LNG applications. I used CATIA V5 to complete models and drawings, and designed everything with attention to detail in order to minimize wasted manufacturing time in South Korea. I also had the opportunity to visit South Korea, and while there helped to assemble, modify, and test some of our LNG carrier compressors.

I also had the chance to work for a turbomachinery repair company called Sulzer, where I had the unique chance to work along-side mechanics to help assemble and disassemble various machines from small valves to large steam turbines. It was a great opportunity for me to learn through hands-on work, and apply what I was learning in school. I passed four training manual quizzes given to me by engineering with a grade of 90% or more. These quizzes were on centrifugal compressors, screw compressors, axial compressors, and steam turbines. My greatest contribution was creating seven tailor-made MS Word templates to help streamline the writing of job repair scopes in order to save time.


Skills

  • Software: CATIA V5, SolidWorks 2012-2015, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Teamcenter, Adobe Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro
  • Design: Drafting, GD&T ASME/ANSI Y14.5M-1994, bolted joint analysis
  • Certifications: Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP)
  • Language: Fluent in English and Spanish

Passion

At Samsung, I was introduced to design engineering and have developed a strong interest for the design of machinery, and would love to continue growing in this field of mechanical engineering. I believe this field helps me utilize my best talents: my artistic ability and my engineering knowledge.

Goals

I have worked hard to attain my SolidWorks professional certification (CSWP) and created my very own model of a two stage compressor to help solidify all that I learned at Samsung. I hope to continue learning SolidWorks and hope to take the expert certification test within the next three years. I also plan to continue learning more of design by creating more personal design projects and sharing them here and on my Youtube channel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am interested in using your ball bearing video for a Facebook page and a website for a new company? Is that possible? Floyd

    ReplyDelete